Hometown Hero

The Hometown Hero Award

Do you know someone who went above and beyond to help others during this pandemic and deserves some recognition? Maybe you know a healthcare worker or an essential service provider? Maybe there's someone who did something outstanding to support their community? If so, we want to hear about it! Oshawa Community would love to reward a very special member for their kind heart and generosity. The Hometown Hero winner will be awarded a cash prize of $250.00 and their picture will be displayed on our website and social media platforms*.

How do I make a nomination?

Each nomination must include a high quality digital picture of the nominee along with a short paragraph (max 250 words) explaining why they are deserving of the Hometown Hero award.

Please note: all nominees must consent to their pictures being posted publicly online* (see Terms and Conditions below for more information).

So put your thinking caps on and send your nominations to hero@oshawacu.com . Nominations will be accepted between August 10 and 23. Once all nominations have been received, members, the general public and Oshawa Community staff will be able to vote for the winner between August 25 and September 1.

Terms and Conditions

  • Nominee must have been an Oshawa Community Credit Union member in good standing prior to August 10, 2020.

  • Nominators do not have to be an Oshawa Community Credit Union member.

  • Voters do not have to be an Oshawa Community Credit Union member.

  • Please download the Release Form below and have your nominee complete the form to submit with your nomination.

  • Winner must be willing to come into the branch, have their picture taken and provide consent to have their picture and an article about them posted online (*including, but not limited to our website and social media platforms).

  • Funds will be deposited into the winner's Oshawa Community account.

  • Oshawa Community will have a 40% voting weight while the members of Oshawa Community and the public will comprise of the remaining 60%.

Help us "Stop the Spread" of COVID-19, and instead, "Start the Spread" of Hometown Heroes!

Click here to download the Release Form

***Please note***

In an effort to avoid conflicts of interest, Oshawa Community staff as well as their family and close friends are not permitted to make nominations.

 

Find Branch/ATM

Enter address, postal code or branch name

Get in Touch